Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Schneider TM - The Light 3000


A few years back, a number of people were telling me I should listen to Kings of Convenience. I finally got around to checking them out at some point. While it was OK, it was nothing I would listen to with any regularity. I ended up looking around some and found out Erlend Oye was a member of the group. I noticed he had a solo album with a Morgan Geist track on it, so I downloaded it to give it a try. Much like the Kings of Convenience stuff, I was underwhelmed; however, when I got to the last track I was blown away. It is a song called "Like Gold" and is produced by a guy that goes by the name of Schneider TM. I became somewhat obsessed with the song listening to it for hours on end. Eventually, I decided to seek out Schneider TM's solo stuff and got his album Zoomer. Reading up more, I came across a Smiths cover he did of "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" called "The Light 3000." It's an excellent cover - the music is really well done and it has robotic vocals which somehow manage to express deep human emotion. Of course it's not the first time to be done, but it's always welcomed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lights off headphones on

aldo said...

twee+glitch. i'm into it.

Anonymous said...

somebody needs to update this shit.

-will