1. Berlin - I never had the chance to have the college Europe study abroad/trip, so I did it this year instead. Totally rad city. I want to schedule a trip to go back for some techno nights. Honorable mention to Amsterdam.
2. French Press - This year I bought a French press. I actually make coffee now.
3. RnB - I'm a sucker for RnB, especially the mid-tempo type. The releases this year were pretty good. Favorites: Trey Songz, Robin Thicke, The-Dream (AOTY??), New Mariah, & Ryan Leslie. The Maxwell album was pretty disappointing - the single pretty wings was alright, though.
4. Webcam - Got a webcam for xmas this year. Have been using it for skype. I'm behind the times, I know, but it's cool whatever.
5. The Beach - (overlap warning!) we rode bikes to the beach one day this summer and jumped in the ocean in our underwear. It was cold, unexpected and totally life affirming. I'm really glad pam and aldo talked me into it. No doubt, one of my top memories of new york.
6. Food - I ate so much good food this year. Favorites: Buttermilk Channel (fried chicken!), Cucina Di Pesce (great, cheap italian/seafood), Bagel World, Westville (Po-boys), and on and on.
7. Custom Suit - I ordered a custom suit this past summer for a wedding I was in. It's going to be hard buying off the rack and bringing to the tailor from now on. Highly recommended.
8. Music for Wedding - My friend asked me to write the music for his wedding. It got me back into recording and I'm happy I got to do it for him.
9. Alan Braxe Live - Been wanting to see dude's DJ set for some time now. It did not disappoint and hearing "in love with you" lived up to the expectations.
10. Having people around that have and encourage original thoughts/ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment